“It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.”
ITS BEEN A MINUTE. But the season is winding down and that means I get to blog all this gorgeousness from 2019.
First on my list is Amanda & Mavrick‘s Boatwerks wedding from June. The weather was just touching 80* and the sun warmed everyone as they sat alongside Lake Macatawa watching Amanda and Mavrick exchange their vows. Their extra large wedding party (16!) and all the invited guests gave them the most sincere audience for their day.
Top 5 Moments from their day include:
- Amanda getting ready with her Mom & bridesmaids at City Vu downtown Holland. All her ladies decorated their room and Mavrick left her the sweetest note to read before she headed to their First Look.
- Their ceremony on the patio of Boatwerks. Weddings are such happy occasions and involve so many more than just the bride & groom. I’m so close with my own family, and its always a privilege to watch the families and friends of my couples beam with emotion.
- Portrait time on the boat. The bridal party rented a boat to take them for a ride across Lake Macatawa and straight to the altar. The boat stayed long enough after the ceremony for us to hop back on for a little bit of quiet time and some photo requests!
- Surprising Mavrick with his birthday / groom cake! Their anniversary is also Mavrick’s birthday — which is a great way for him never to forget their wedding date. ; ) He was completely surprised and this whole cake time he was fiddling with his new wedding ring and that always has me feeling the feels.
- First Dances. THIS IS THE BEST PART OF BOATWERKS, lesssbehonest. I’m obsessed with the soft evening light blanketing them during these emotional dances. Always a favorite for me.
Okay, I’ve rambled long enough — here’s some of my favorites from their day! And, as always, you can find their fantastic vendors at the bottom of the post. : )
Dress: Memories Bridal Bridesmaids Dresses: David’s Bridal Suits: The Groomsman Suit H&MU: Bombshell Blowout Bar / Brinslea Kruse Venue: Boatwerks Dessert: Cakabakery of Holland Florist: En Gedi Bridal Floral Design Wedding Planner: Lisa Heeter DJ: Dewitt DJ Services Invitations: Vista Print Assistant Photographer: Rachel Kaye Photography